Contact Phone: 860-445-9007
Direction to Project Oceanology
1084 Shennecossett Rd., Groton, CT 06340
● I-95 to Exit 87 (Rt. 349) the Clarence B. Sharp Highway
● Turn right at the second traffic light onto Rainville Ave
● Turn left at the next traffic light onto Benham Rd
● Straight on Benham Rd. approx. 1.7 miles to the UCONN Avery Point campus
● Enter via the second entrance and follow the small blue signs for Project Oceanology
Bus Parking Information
After students are dropped off at the circle in front of the Project Oceanology building, bus drivers should exit the campus, turn left on Shennecossett Road, and then turn left again at the main entrance to the campus. The designated bus parking is in the student lot, near the end of the lot and against the seawall as indicated on the map found here. Please do not park within the Waterfront Program space as it will interfere with their operations.
Car Parking Information
Private vehicles must park in Lot D (closest parking lot to Project Oceanology). Parking fees are strictly enforced, but will be waived for Project O visitors with proper notification to the university. Any member of your group parking a private vehicle on campus must stop at our reception window and provide: his/her name, vehicle make, model and color, license plate number and state where the vehicle is registered. Project O is not responsible for any fines or tickets issued to visitors for any violation of UCONN’s posted parking rules.